Read time: 2 minutes
Did you know 77% of Americans take supplements? That’s over three-fourths of the entire US population. This includes all sorts of supplements: dietary, pre/post workout, health foods like algae, and vitamins.
According to current research, the highest consumption rate of vitamins is in adults aged 34-54 year olds, and with good reason! As we get older, our body needs quality nutrition and support for the best health possible.
Vitamin supplements are an especially good idea, as they help fill in any nutritional gaps the modern American diet creates. There are plenty of benefits to taking vitamin supplements and it is also one of the easiest health habits we can pick up— it takes two seconds and no energy to swallow or chew (or melt) a vitamin. It’s one of the easiest self-care practices you can add to your daily routine.
Here are 5 vitamin supplements people tend to take the most with data from the NIH Healthline, and Consumer Lab:
- Vitamin D: In a recent survey by Consumer Lab, 66% of respondents bought vitamin D in 2020. Vitamin D is helpful in supporting bone health, decreasing likelihood of diabetes 1, mood regulation, energy levels, and more.
- Magnesium: In the same Consumer Lab study, 53% of surveyed vitamin users purchased magnesium. Magnesium is incredibly popular now because of its believed benefits in decreasing the likelihood of migraines and improving sleep.
- Vitamin C: known for its beauty and skin benefits in addition to immune support properties, vitamin C is still one of the most popular supplements on the market and has seen an uptick in sales during COVID
- Melatonin: due to how many people experience sleep deprivation and a lack of quality sleep, melatonin is still one of the most popular natural alternatives to sleeping medication. Melatonin helps signal to the body’s biological clock that it’s time for bed. Taking it 30 minutes before bed has helped many people catch up on rest.
- L-Theanine: known for its support of the body’s ability to process stressors, L-theanine has recently become a widely sought-after natural supplement for stress relief and relaxation.
Still not sure about what you need? A multivitamin is a great place to start!
It’s important to have a daily routine of feeding your body the nutrients it needs. And of course, if you are having health issues, consult with a doctor and pair a multivitamin with a healthier, well-rounded diet for the best possible results.
Check out our Zero Sugar, Vegan, Gluten-Free, Non-GMO quick-melting multivitamin tablets in a customer-approved delicious flavor!
Many vitamin supplements are solid and have a ton of chemical additives, which can cause stomach upset, so quality matters. Make sure you are choosing a brand that cares about what they put into their supplements as much as you care about what goes into your body.
Thanks for being a part of our community!
Written by Annie-Eliza Stevens