Reading Time: 4 minutes
If you're looking to adopt a healthier lifestyle, meal planning is a great place to start.
Planning out your meals ahead of time can help you make sure that you're eating a balanced, nutritious diet and staying on track with your healthy eating goals.
Meal prepping can be a great way to save time, money, and energy in the kitchen, allowing you to enjoy healthy meals without the hassle.
In this blog post, we'll discuss how to get started with healthy meal prepping.
What is Meal Prep?
Meal prep is a simple, effective way to plan, prepare, and portion out your meals for the week.
It’s all about taking the time to plan out what you will be eating and setting aside a few hours to prepare the food ahead of time, as opposed to here and there throughout the week.
Meal prepping involves planning out your meals in advance, doing some grocery shopping, and then spending a bit of time prepping and cooking.
You can make meals in advance to enjoy throughout the week or simply make individual ingredients to assemble quickly later.
Doing so allows you to make sure that you're eating healthy, balanced meals while still saving time and money.
The Benefits of Meal Prep
Meal prepping is a great way to save time and money, while also supporting optimal health. Not only does meal prepping make it easier to plan and cook healthy meals for yourself and your family, but it can also help you save money on groceries by allowing you to buy in bulk and cook meals ahead of time.
Meal prepping gives you the freedom to plan out your meals in advance, giving you more time to focus on other important tasks throughout the week and saving you time at the end of the day when you're less motivated to cook.
It’s also a great way to ensure that you’re eating healthy meals all week. Meal prepping allows you to control what goes into your meals so you can ensure that you’re eating healthy foods.
You can choose to make nutritious and balanced meals with fresh ingredients, without sacrificing taste or flavor.
Finally, meal prepping can help reduce stress and food waste. By cooking all your meals ahead of time, you eliminate the need to think about what to cook every night.
And by prepping in bulk, you reduce the risk of food spoilage and waste.
In short, meal planning and preparation:
- Saves you money
- Saves you time and energy during the week
- Reduces weekly stress
- Reinforces healthy food choices (less tempted to get takeout)
- Reduces food waste
Tips for Successful Meal Prep
Meal prepping can seem intimidating, but with the right tips and tricks, it can become an easy and enjoyable part of your weekly routine. Here are some tips for successful meal prep.
- Plan Ahead: Before you start cooking, take the time to plan out your meals for the week. Think about what meals you would like to make and the ingredients you’ll need. Once you have a plan in place, you can create a shopping list for all of the ingredients you’ll need.
- Buy Fresh: When selecting ingredients for your meal prep, choose fresh options whenever possible. Fresh fruits and vegetables will provide more nutrition than frozen or canned options.
- Repurpose Leftovers: Don’t let food go to waste! Use leftovers from one meal in a new meal or snack.
- Choose Simple: When meal prepping, opt for simple recipes that are easy to assemble and don’t require a lot of time to prepare.
- Make Extra: Meal prepping isn’t just about making dinner for the night - it’s also about making lunch or breakfast for the following day. Try to make enough food so you can have leftovers the next day.
- Store Food Properly: To keep your food from spoiling, store it correctly in air-tight containers in the refrigerator or freezer.
- Variety is Key: Don’t get stuck in a rut by eating the same thing every day. Try different recipes, flavors, and spices to keep your meals exciting and enjoyable.
Plan for Health This Spring
Meal prepping is a great way to make sure you stay on track with your health and fitness goals. You can use the tips above to make sure that your meals are as nutritious as they are delicious.
Whether you’re new to meal prepping or have been doing it for years, the tips outlined in this article should help you get started or improve your existing meal prep routine.
So go ahead and get cooking – you’ll be surprised at how easy and enjoyable meal prepping can be!
To support healthy meal planning, take a daily quality vitamin to further support your wellness goals.
Our vitamins are non-GMO, vegan, sugar-free, and free from the nine most common allergens.
We make it EZ to get the nutrition you need with our fast-melting supplements. And with our subscription service, it’s even easier to take care of yourself. Use code EZ30 at checkout to save 30% off your first subscription.